The Village of Spencer has an opening for a full-time water treatment plant operator. This position is responsible for the maintenance of the water distribution system, wells, well buildings, hydrants, meters, towers, water quality testing and all other utility equipment. Primary responsibilities will be to the water utility department, with assistance to all other areas of work within public works including snowplowing. This position responds to emergencies 24/7, as well as participates in weekend rotations/on call every four to five weeks. Desired qualifications include Wisconsin DNR Certifications in Groundwater-Grade 1, Distribution-Grade 1 and Iron Removal-Grade 1, or the ability to attain within 18 months (required), knowledge of safety protocols and knowledge of chlorine/fluoride chemical addition, experience in water mains, hydrants, service installations and a WI CDL, or the ability to attain within 60 days (required). This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
Applications and copies of the position description are available at the Village Hall, 105 South Park Street, Spencer, by e-mail at email@example.com, or on the Village of Spencer website www.spencerwi.org. Position is open until filled.
Notice is hereby given that for the general election held on Tuesday November 8th, 2016 the Village of Spencer had 1 pending provisional ballot.
Spencer Chamber of Commerce Dairy Breakfast
When: Friday, June 17th
Where: Spencer Lions Shelter
Time: 5am to 10am
Community Invited Potluck
When: Friday, August 5th at 5:30 pm
Where: Spencer Lions Shelter
The Trailblazers are coming to town. A group of vintage Trailblazer owners will be coming to Spencer to gather and camp at one of the original trailblazer sites.
The Trailblazer originated in Spencer during the late 50′s. In order to preserve the history of the Trailblazers, a group consisting of 260 members from across the country has formed. To learn more about the history of the Trailblazer and Spencer, join us for a slideshow presentation by Ron Draeger.
If you plan to attend, bring a dish to pass. Brats, burgers, and hot dogs will be available (free will donation). Any information, parts, and/or memorabilia would be welcome.
The Village wide garage sale will be held on August 4th, 5th, and 6th. Contact the Village by Friday, July 29th, with your address and dates of sale to be listed on the garage sale map.
In Wisconsin, in order to cast your ballot, you need to provide Photo ID at the polls
Please Remember To Bring a Photo ID When You Vote
Acceptable Forms of ID for 2016 Elections
You can use any of these five IDs, even if they expired after November 4, 2014:
• A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended
• A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
• A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card or driver license without a photo issued under the religious exemption
• Military ID card issued by a U.S. uniformed service
• A U.S. passport book or card
You can use any of these IDs, but they must be unexpired:
• A certificate of naturalization that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented
• A driving receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
• An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
• An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin
• A photo identification card issued by an accredited university, college or technical college in Wisconsin that contains the signature of student, the date the card was issued, and an expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance. Also, the university, college or technical college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves current enrollment such as an enrollment verification letter, class schedule, or tuition fee receipt.
• A citation or notice of intent to revoke or suspend a Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license that is dated within 60 days of the date of the election.
If you have any questions, please contact the Village at 715-659-5423
VILLAGE OF SPENCER, WISCONSIN
DEMOLITION OF 706 WEST CLARK STREET, SPENCER, WISCONSIN
(RESIDENTIAL BUILDING SUBJECT TO RAZE ORDER)
INVITATION TO BID
Sealed Bids labeled “Residential Building Demolition” are due no later than Friday, October 16, 2015, at 4:00 p.m. at the office of the Village Clerk, 105 South Park Street, P.O. Box 360, Spencer, Wisconsin 54479, at which time the bids shall be publically opened and read for furnishing all labor, materials, equipment, etc. necessary and required to raze and demolish the residential building located at 706 West Clark Street, Spencer, Wisconsin and leave the property in a cleared, erosion-free, and dust-free manner.
A bid shall be accompanied by a certified check or bid bond in an amount not less than 5% of the maximum bid price, payable to the Village of Spencer, as a guarantee that the bidder, if his bid is accepted, shall execute and file the proper contract and 100% performance and payment bonds within 15 days after the Notice of Award. In case the bidder fails to file such contract and required bonds, the check or bid bond shall be forfeited to the Village of Spencer as liquidated damages.
Specifications and required bid forms are available at the Village Clerk’s Office, 105 South Park Street, P.O. Box 360, Spencer, Wisconsin 54479 and on the Village of Spencer’s website: www.spencerwi.org. The Village of Spencer reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, to waive any informalities and to accept the bid(s) in any combination deemed most advantageous to the Village.
A MANDATORY pre-bid walk through will be held on Monday, October 12, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. local time at 706 West Clark Street, Spencer, Wisconsin.